Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Ok, I've fallen so far behind that I don't know where to begin. I know I promised a Bolder Boulder report; there is a Stroke and Stride report to give; and then there's the second Stroke and Stride race; plus, there is the Lafayette Wine Festival 5k report to give. Where to begin?!?!

I think I'll skip ahead, in favor of getting back on track. Then I'll try to stay ahead of the game.

Today was a very busy day. Amanda and I woke up early, and hit the floor running... sort of. Amanda did a bit of training, and I jumped to the task of getting ready for our road trip. We're making the return trip to Lubbock to race the newly named 70.3 race down at Buffalo Springs Lake. I spent the morning getting some things ready for the race, and getting myself ready. After running numerous errands, Amanda and I were set to pack. Yes, that's right: we han't even packed our bags yet.

Rather than bore you with the details of how we did it, we somehow found ourselves finishing our packing at 4:00pm! With a goal deperture time of 12:00, we were a bit behind! WIth a six-hour+ drive to Albuquerque (our halfway point), we opted to eat a nice dinner and postpone the departure. So here we are, still in Boulder. I believe these things happen for a reason, and although we do not yet know why we were delayed, I'm sure it's all for the best.

Tomorrow morning bright and early, Amanda, Luna, and Blue will make our 589-mile trek to Lubbock, Texas (the home of Buddy Holley).

Be sure to check back in, as I'm sure there will be something exciting that's worthy of a report... if not before, definitely after the race!

I'm back on!

No comments: