Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Snow Day

Amanda and I called a snow day today. It was not very nice weather, and we did not really feel like doing another run on the treadmill, so we called a snow day. Just like back in school, we called off all scheduled activities. I was too sore to do much of anything anyway, so it worked out pretty well. Plus, it was nice to just hang out with Amanda for the day. We stayed in our pajamas for most of the day.

I did manage to get an hour of alternative exercising in, however. With all this snow, the dogs had no way to get out the back door, across the deck and into the backyard. I decided it was time to shovel some snow. I stared in the back, and worked my way to the driveway and front sidewalk.

After clearing a nice path for the dogs, for the mailman, for our car, and for the passers-by, I had logged an hour of challenging work. I was sweating, my heart rate was up, and I had tired muscles. It is amazing how much better it is to shovel snow with an ipod!

And I'm logging the hour.

3 comments:

Podium quest said...

Shoveling snows a heck of a workout. Sometimes its even good enough to get a
massage from the spouse if you whine about it enough;)

vatolovato said...

Yes, the snow shoveling is ROUGH! I'm already a bit sick of it, and it's only December. I hope there is a warm, sunny day in the near future!

Jodi said...

The worst is shoveling snow and then swimming the next day. Ouch! We've been lucky so far in Cleveland. But right now it is raining with show to come later in the day. Heavy snow sucks!

Jodi