Thursday, October 27, 2005

After what felt like a full recovery from my time in Hawaii, I have been trying to lay low this week, as I began feeling symptoms of a cold setting on. In the time after a marathon, athletes are 26% more likely to get a cold, so one can imagine the how good the chances are after an Ironman! I am pretty sure my immune system was at an all-time low post-race, and I've been doing everything I can do avoid getting full-blown sick! I have been pretty low on the overall energy, but am doing my best to eat and sleep a ton, with hopes that I'll be back to normal soon enough.

Amanda and I travel to Tempe tomorrow for the Soma Half Ironman, and I'd like nothing more than to have a fun race, and therefore erase (or replace) the memories of the tough times in Kona!

In the meantime, Amanda's training has been going very well. She's really putting in some good, hard work, and has opted out of tapering for this weekend's half ironman. I think she'll be fine, although she might not be able to push herself quite as hard as she normally does while racing. Overall, she's primed for a really great race at the end of November down in Australia.

That's about it for now... until next time,
m

No comments: