Friday, October 07, 2005

Aloha, and greetings from Hawaii! I have arrived and finally found my way to Lava Java, and therefore, to their intenet connection. I am very happy to be here, and I must say, it is hard to believe that a whole year has passed, and it's already Ironman time! It sure went by quickly!

I'm very excited to be here, and Amanda arrives tomorrow. Next week I have a whole crew of family support arriving on the scene as well. Tue: my siser, Stephanie; Wed: my stepfather, Mike; and Thu: my mother, her Bob, and Hays, my sister's man! It's going to be a regular reunion!

Until then, I am trying to fall into a regular routine of taking it easy. I awoke this morning very early (at 5:00am), and within an hour I was doing a short run on Ali'i drive. After breakfast I assembled the fastest machine known to man (or at least to triathlete): my Javelin Barolo.

I later pedaled down to the pier to do a short 30min swim, followed by a delicious Jamba Juice with my good friends, Scott and Kathleen Wood. K is racing, S is here to be spectator extraoridinaire.

I followed that up with a nice, easy spin out to the airport. It's pretty calm today, and even a bit cool now (thanks to the showers that just rolled in!).

Since my "training" was done by noon, I've pretty much been lounging the rest of the day away. I must admit that sitting here oceanside, with a cool breeze, tapping on the new iBook, has been fun.

I'm off to the grocery store, again! And I'll check in soon.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: