Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Tuesday was VD: Valentine's Day. Not so fun to have Feb 14 roll around being separated from your Valentine. I had arranged for some tulips to be delivered to Amanda, so at least my lovely wife knew she was in my thoughts.

I began the day a bit behind schedule, due to my latte stop. I love a latte early in the morning! I met up with a crew of guys for a long ride. After strating out pretty slow, due to a pretty solid headwind, our group gradually got smaller and smaller, as we got faster and faster. Toward the end of the ride, just Jamie Cleveland and Luke Dragstra and I remained. We did one of my favorite loops in reverse direction: Austin to San Marcos, San Marcos to Wimberley on 12, on through Dripping Springs to Hamilton Pool road, back 71 to Bee Caves and 360. It was exactly 100 miles, and the end result was another nice long ride. The weather was ideal, and I think we nearly hit 80 degrees! The other highlight, besides the great company, was the fact that many of these roads were newly paved! It's a wonder what they can do in a year's time!

Off the bike I opted for a short run. Again that sea level thing kicked in, and I felt great. It didn't take me long to talk myself into running ten miles. It felt so effortless, who i am to argue.

After finishing off six+ solid hours of training, I jumped in Stacy Pool for a 40-min dip.

That really topped me off, or tapped me out, as it was truly time to eat. I called up my friend Cassie, and met her for a delicious--and all you Austin folks know what I'm talking about--Mangia Pizza. We polished that off, and my day was done.

It's now day seven-ish of my trip, and I had better sign off, as I've got another ride planned here in about... ten, make that five, minutes.

Until next time.

No comments: