Saturday, December 27, 2008

Training Camp

This March I'll be heading out to California for a training camp, and I am taking this opportunity to invite you all to join me for a fun and challenging week.

Solvang is a popular training destination for many professional cycling teams, including Lance Armstrong's Astana team. Getting to the area is very easy, as it's only thirty minutes from Santa Barbara, and a mere two hours from Los Angeles.

If you are interested in escaping the cold--and possibly monotonous--training routine of your home town, and/ or if you are looking for a challenging and fun way to jump-start the triathlon season, I encourage you to attend this camp.

While the focus of our camp will be to log many miles on the bike, we'll have plenty of opportunity to keep the triathlon training alive, as swimming and run workouts are included in the program.

In addition to these great training opportunities, one of triathlon's most knowledgeable sports med doctors, Dr. P.Z. Pearce, will be on hand to dispense valuable advice.

My role at this camp will be to lead group rides, to offer instruction on riding technique, style, and form, and to offer my color commentary and story telling as a welcome diversion from the pain inflicted from the hilly riding. Additionally, I'll be offering advice on how to prepare for an Ironman race, on getting through the race, and on consequently celebrating completion of said race.

If my links have not directed you to sufficient information on the camp, please send me a comment, and I'll email you with answers to any and all questions you may have for me.

See you in March!

No comments: